Article of the week
Updated Monday December 7, 2015 by Richard Moller.
Young Players Ages 12-14
Training (boys and girls at this age)
- "shoot up" in height when they enter puberty. This rapid growth creates an imbalance between the length of their torso and legs
- often find it difficult to move around in a fluid manner because of the physical changes they are experiencing
- on the hand demonstrate greatly improved strength and speed
- The basic technical principles need to be adapted to this greater swiftness.
- Their ability to grasp concepts means: they can be taught more demanding tactics.
- Fitness and stamina are improved, primarily through playing. Training should occasionally be supplemented by simple circuits, jumping exercises, games and exercises to improve reaction and acceleration...please click here to continue.